We collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Email address
- Identifying information such as IP addresses
- Website usage data for example what pages visited and for how long
How we use this data
Collecting this data helps us in optimizing and maintaining a helpful informational website.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records
- To contact you in response to a specific inquiry
- To improve the website
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. Aggregated usage data helps us improve the website structure, design, content and functions.
- Identify whether you are signed in to our website. A cookie allows us to check whether you are signed in to the site.
- Test content on our website. For example, 50% of our users might see one piece of content, the other 50% a different piece of content.
- Store information about your preferences. The website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognize when you return to our website. We may show your relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
- Cookies do not provide us with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with us.
However, please note that doing this may affect how our website functions. Some pages and services may become unavailable to you.
In order to assure a better overall security environment for our website users, we implement TLS security enabling https://.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the disinfected.org domain.